Jalapeño Avocado Cream Cheese Wontons are essentially a fried, amped up version of your favorite jalapeno cream cheese poppers appetizer! The creamy and spicy filling wrapped in a fried wonton wrapper makes these poppers a fantastic party appetizer or even an afternoon snack.
Jalapeño Avocado Cream Cheese Wontons
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Avocado, peeled and pitted, mashed or cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Cilantro
- 3 jalapeños Jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 package Wonton Wrappers
- Canola Oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, avocado, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cilantro and jalapeños.
- On a clean work surface, lay out a wonton wrapper so a corner is pointed towards you (making it look like a diamond).
- Moisten the edges of the wrappers with water. Add 1 tsp of the filling in the center of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half, over the filling. Start by pressing around the filling gently and pressing out towards the edges to seal. You want to make sure there are no air pockets by the filling so it seals properly. Repeat with the remaining filling and wonton wrappers.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of canola oil in a heavy-bottomed large pot. Once the oil reaches 375°F on an oil thermometer, fry the wontons in batches of 3 to 4 at a time.
- Fry until golden brown, approximately 1 minute per side. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve hot with a garnish of cilantro and sliced jalapeño, if desired.