SKILLET CHICKEN IN ONION CREAM SAUCE

Chicken breasts dipped in balsamic vinegar, onion sauce with a hint of garlic and fresh parsley made my skillet, my family and me happy.

I have to say that I have hungered my self after all those Valentines sweets and chocolate for some salty and tasty meals. Yet, my hunger has to be restrained… That’s the reason for choosing chicken breasts, in order to make this dinner lite. You are perfectly aware of that most common lie everybody uses, I am on a diet from tommorow… Well, I have moved that to today. From now on I am paying attention to what I eat. OK, it’s not all about me here. I have to cook for all of us, so, I will turn to healthier and more lite food.

Skillet Chicken in onion cream sauce


Serves: 
4  

Prep Time: 
10 Minutes  

Cooking Time: 
20 Minutes

INGREDIENTS

  • Chicken breasts cut in slices
  • 1 tablespoon Olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 small finely chopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • salt and pepper
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Season the slices of chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Put olive oil in skillet and slowly lay the meat slices in. Cook on medium heat until the breasts get red color.  Set aside, on the plate. Add butter in the same skillet and cook the onion (cut in small pieces). Stir it occasionally and let the onions cook on the lowered heat for 15 minutes. Add thyme, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar, grab a whisk and pour the chicken broth while whisking. Put the heat on high and cook until it thickens a bit. Add the cream and let it simmer for a few moments. Put the breasts back into the skillet and spoon the sauce on the top. Serve immediately with fresh parsley.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOFT-BAKED CHRISTMAS SPRINKLE COOKIES

NUTELLA MUG CAKE

RANCH CHICKEN RECIPE