Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Balls

How do you feel about Valentine’s Day?

I’m pretty fortunate to have a husband of 27+ years who doesn’t need the calendar to tell him when to be romantic.  I don’t know about you, but those days when he runs to the store when it’s below zero and snow piled up to his knees because I mentioned that I’m out of my favorite cereal…..that’s love.  When I’m feeling my worst, and he looks at me and tells me I look beautiful……that’s love.

When he touches me every time I walk past him,  accepts me and all of my flaws, eats peanut butter toast because I don’t feel like cooking, and makes me laugh every day…….that’s love.    Life with him makes perfect sense.  Every day may not be a Valentine’s Day, but I sure love how much he tries.  He’s my sweet Valentine every day 😉


I love chocolate covered strawberries and I fell in love with Bakerella’s cake balls so I combined the two for the perfect Valentine’s Day treats.

Ingredients

  • 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix (18.25 Oz. Box)
  • 1 container Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting (16 Oz. Can)
  • 1 bag Milk Chocolate Melting Chips (1 Lb. Bag)
  • 1 bag White Chocolate Melting Chips (1 Lb. Bag)
  • 1 bag Pink Melting Chips (1 Lb. Bag)
  • Variety Of Sprinkles

Preparation

  1. Bake the cake according to the package directions. When done, let cool completely.
  2. Crumble the cooled cake into a large bowl. Add the container of frosting and begin mixing the cake and frosting mixture until completely combined. Clean hands work best for this.
  3. Place the cake/frosting mixture in the freezer for a couple hours. (I found it easier to work with after at least 2 hours.) After chilling in the freezer, start scooping out small portions and rolling the mixture into balls, (about the size of a small meatball), and place on a tray lined with parchment paper. Place the cake balls back in the freezer for about 30 minutes or long enough to prepare the melted chocolate.
  4. Empty the package of the milk chocolate melting chips in a microwave safe dish (I like using a glass measuring cup with a handle). Likewise, in two separate bowls add the white chocolate and the pink melting chips. Place in the microwave for 1 minute and stir, continue heating at 30 second intervals until all the chips are melted. And make sure to stir in between the 30 second heating intervals. You want the chocolate to be warm.
  5. Drop one cake ball into the melted milk or white chocolate at a time. Use a spoon to make sure the cake ball gets covered completely, then scoop out the cake ball with your spoon and tap the spoon on the side of the dish/measuring cup so that the excess chocolate runs down. Replace the cake ball back on the parchment paper by tapping the tip of the spoon on the tray, this will help the cake ball slide of the spoon. Repeat.
  6. If using sprinkles you will want to use before the chocolate sets. Otherwise, after the chocolate sets decorate as you wish. I drizzled them with the melted pink chocolate in the photo.
  7. Note: I made these for my kids Valentine’s Day parties. I also made some chocolate cake balls…both were divine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOFT-BAKED CHRISTMAS SPRINKLE COOKIES

NUTELLA MUG CAKE

RANCH CHICKEN RECIPE