Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake (Video)

If you check out my recipe category  for Eggs, you see that I’ve come up with a lot of variations for low-carb breakfast casseroles through the years. I make breakfast casseroles on the weekend for Weekend Food Prep, cut into individual servings, and keep in a container in the fridge to eat for breakfast during the week. Low-Carb Breakfast Casseroles are definitely good any time of year, but when the weather gets cold you’re more likely to turn on your oven to make a breakfast like this, so I’m reminding you about this mega-popular Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake. This recipe is so simple that I’m not sure why it’s so popular, but it’s always one of the top ten recipes on this site if you check that list in the sidebar!

I did include this recipe in the recent collection of Low-Carb and Keto Breakfast Casseroles Your Family Will Love, but technically this is a variation I’m calling an egg bake. That means this Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake has lots of spinach and cheese, and just enough egg to barely hold it together. I love the idea of starting out the day with a big serving of spinach, and this Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake is so delicious you won’t even remember that you’re eating something that’s good for you!


This Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake is one of my favorite go-to breakfast recipes. It’s incredibly easy to make, with only 3 main ingredients, and isn’t too bad for you health-wise! Nowadays, when I look for a breakfast item, it needs to be high in protein, and eggs are one of the cheapest protein sources for breakfast. I’ve been getting a dozen eggs for between $.59 and $.89 cents recently, so you know I’ve been buying and eating a ton!

If you find this isn’t quite enough food for breakfast (When I do my morning workouts, it usually isn’t), grab an English muffin or banana to round it out. That’s usually enough for me! I’ve even added a roll of ground sausage to this recipe and that makes it amazing and keeps me full for quite awhile. Plus you get your veggies in early on, which is always a plus! Enjoy this delicious breakfast!


INGREDIENTS:

  • 8 cups packed spinach
  • 1-2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1/3 cup green onions, finely chopped
  • 8 eggs, beaten
  • Salt and pepper to taste.

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Preheat oven to 375◦
  2. Spray a 9 x 13 inch glass casserole dish with olive oil or non-stick spray
  3. Heat oil in large fry pan, add spinach all at once, and stir just until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
  4. Transfer spinach to the casserole dish, spreading it evenly in the bottom of the dish.
  5. Layer the grated cheese and diced onions on top of the spinach
  6. Beat the eggs with salt and pepper.
  7. Pour the egg mixture on top of the spinach and cheese, then use a fork to gently stir so the eggs, spinach and cheese are evenly combined
  8. Bake about 35 minutes or until the mixture is completely set and starting to brown.
  9. Let cool 5 minutes before cutting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RANCH CHICKEN RECIPE

NUTELLA MUG CAKE

RASPBERRY MELTAWAY COOKIES