Healthy No Bake Ferrero Rocher Keto Fat Bombs (Paleo & Vegan)

Ketogenic fat bombs are such a blessing for everyone who is living the low carb lifestyle.

Yes, the sugar cravings will (almost) disappear once you’re completely fat adapted but were only human and most of us still want something sweet once in a while.

I also think it’s not exactly a “sugar craving” you’re having if you’ve been fat adapted long enough – you’re not craving the nasty feeling on your teeth or the sluggishness afterward.
You’re simply craving something sweet & tasty.

I’m sorry if all my posts either seem to be no bake recipes, sweet recipes, breakfast ideas (which are sweet) or the soap opera called ‘Keeping up with the Liew-dashians.’ Actually, I take that back, minus the last bit. I’m not sorry that my recipes are mostly sweet, breakfast designated or no bake- That’s what the majority of readers seem to enjoy and I enjoy making them. That, my friends, is win-win.


After my recent newsletter, I had quite a few readers email saying while they enjoyed the recipes, they really enjoyed the banter between my sister and I and would love for it to be incorporated more. As much as I don’t want to discuss Niki consistently on here (says the guy who asked her to keep a food diary for Monday’s post), she’s one I converse with on a pretty consistent basis….okay fine every day.

Niki and I have a random sibling relationship. If someone were to scroll through whatsapp or iMessenger, they would find pictures of Persian food, Panda, serious heart to hearts about family dramas and of course, amazing unfortunate things that happen to my mum. She’s the person I can literally message any time of the day and get a reply back 50% of the time- The other 50% she’s either eating (most true), curling her hair (half true) or posing (accurate to a T). Actually, 1% is eating and curling and 49% is posing. What can I say, she is a Liew-dashian.


The Ferrero Rocher scenario (or should we call it, Ferrero-Gate circa Janet Jackson at the Superbowl) is one of many situations we giggle over at my mum’s expense. It was not what inspired this recipe but reminded me of it as I got to making it. Last year, I shared a Copycat Lindt Truffle and made the executive decision to give Ferrero Rocher AND Raffaello chocolates the same treatment- Healthy style.

Ingredients:

  • ¾ cup (60g) ground hazelnuts
  •  3 tbsp (45ml) melted coconut oil
  •  2 tbsp (16g) powdered erythritol (confectioners' erythritol)
  •  1 oz (30g) melted sugar-free chocolate (or chocolate with at least 85% cacoa content)
  •  ½ tbsp (4g) baking cacoa powder (dutch processed cacoa powder)
  •  ½ tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
  •  chopped hazelnuts & a few whole hazelnuts

Instructions:

  1. Melt the sugar-free chocolate using a double boiler.
  2. Melt the coconut oil if necessary.
  3. Add the ground hazelnuts, melted coconut oil, powdered erythritol, baking cocoa powder & vanilla extract into a food processor and blend on high for approx. 30-45 seconds.
  4. Add the melted chocolate and blend for another 15 seconds.
  5. Scrape off chunky bits from the sides and the bottom of the food processor and blend again for a few seconds if necessary.
  6. Place the mass in the freezer and chill for approx. 10 minutes.
  7. After the fat bomb mass has cooled down, take it out of the freezer and start to form small balls with your hands.
  8. Add a whole hazelnut into the middle of the ball and roll it in chopped hazelnuts afterward.
  9. You can serve the fat bombs immediately or store covered in plastic wrap at room temperature for approx. 2-3 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RANCH CHICKEN RECIPE

NUTELLA MUG CAKE

RASPBERRY MELTAWAY COOKIES