{RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS} – PRAJITURA CU BRANZA SI ZMEURA

I hate throwing away leftover ingredients, therefore sometimes, like today, a baking day starts with scouting the fridge and my magic cupboard (aka the place where I keep all the ingredients that aren’t at risk of going stall if not kept at a certain temperature) and coming up with a recipe to use all those ingredients. And today is was the turn of cream cheese – I bought a bucket of silky cream cheese a few days ago and after making a Romanian cheese pie, I was left with about 1 pound of cream cheese that was going to sit in the fridge for days if I wasn’t going to use it. But boy, I’m happy things happened this way because I got to make and taste these cheesecake bars which might be one of the best cream cheese desserts I ever made and tasted!



These raspberry cheesecake bars are incredibly easy to make, you don’t need to be a professional to master a perfectly juicy, fragrant, soft cheesecake bar and there’s nothing you can’t pair them with. I used raspberries this time, but chocolate chips or other fruits are just as good.

Ingredients:
Crust:

  • 200g biscuits (I used some simple vanilla biscuits, but feel free to use your favorites)
  • 100g butter, melted

Filling:

  • 550g cream cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 100g sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ cup fresh raspberries
  • Topping:
  • 70g butter, softened
  • 40g powdered sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 160g white flour
  • 1 pinch salt
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest

Directions:
Crust:

  1. Crush the biscuits in a food processor until they form a fine powder.
  2. Add the butter and mix well.
  3. Transfer the mix in a baking tray (20x20cm or a similar size) lined with baking paper and press it well on the bottom of the pan.
  4. ..............................................

for full recipes please see : pastry-workshop.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOFT-BAKED CHRISTMAS SPRINKLE COOKIES

GINGER GARLIC NOODLE SOUP WITH BOK CHOY

NUTELLA MUG CAKE