Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Chocolate zucchini bread is the perfect way to use up any extra zucchini bread you have laying around. And I bet you’ll make it a priority to have extra zucchini after tasting this recipe! 😉

The other day I met my parents for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant for some chips, salsa, and margaritas. Also chicken fajitas, because duh.


That morning I had baked a couple loaves of this chocolate zucchini bread recipe and I knew that if I kept both loaves in my house, I would eat both loaves. By myself. In one day.

So, I stuck a loaf of bread in my purse and smuggled it into the restaurant like a weirdo and passed it off to my mom.

This Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread makes the perfect afternoon snack whenever you’re in need of a chocolate fix.  It has a deep chocolate flavor from unsweetened cocoa powder and bittersweet chocolate chips, yet it’s not so sweet that it tastes like dessert. It’s also loaded with zucchini, so there’s some virtue in it.


Begin by grating your zucchini. I use a food processor but you can also do it by hand with a box grater.

Next, melt the butter in a large mixing bowl.

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup canola oil
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 cups peeled and shredded zucchini
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 9x5 inch loaf pans with non-stick spray.
  2. Add the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
  3. Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder. Gradually beat into the sugar mixture until just combined. Batter will be very thick.
  4. Add the zucchini to the batter and stir to combine. 
  5. Spoon the batter evenly between the two prepared baking loaves and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tester comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
  6.  Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tester comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
  7. Cool for 10 minutes before removing bread from the pan. Cool completely before cutting and serving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOFT-BAKED CHRISTMAS SPRINKLE COOKIES

NUTELLA MUG CAKE

RANCH CHICKEN RECIPE