BACON WRAPPED CHEESE STICKS (KETO, GLUTEN-FREE)

I was craving some low carb mozzarella sticks after my daughter ordered some at a restaurant. But, I decided to try something new with the recipe.

Rather than dip the cheese in egg and then a gluten free coating, I just wrapped each in bacon. I used pre-cooked bacon that was baked the day before.


I like to bake bacon in the oven in large batches and keep it in the refrigerator for quick snacks and salad topping. It’s also great to use as an ingredient in recipes.

Bacon wrapped cheese sticks. You can imagine the rest right? Gooey, stretchy, melted cheese, just covered in bacon!

With the Super Bowl coming up, my mind has turned to fun appetizers to make for game day. Of course, one of them has to involve bacon. Over the years, I’ve made bacon wrapped avocado fries, sriracha bacon wrapped onion rings, and bacon wrapped eggplant fries.

These smelled so good coming out of the oven. Because the cheese melts, the bacon wrapping will also loosen when these are finished. It’s not quite as sturdy as my previous bacon wrapped recipes, but it’s still delicious. And you can break them, stretch them, dip them in bbq sauce, etc.


Ingredients

  • 6 Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
  • 6 slices of bacon
  • approx 1 cup olive oil for frying depending on the size of your frying pan.

Instructions

  1. Freeze the cheese sticks over night.
  2. Wrap a slice of bacon around each cheese stick starting at one end and rolling carefully until the other end. I wrapped the bacon around the ends and secured it in place with a toothpick. I tried to minimally overlap the bacon so that all of it would get crispy.
  3. Heat about 1/2 inch of olive oil in a cast iron skillet.
  4. Carefully place bacon wrapped cheese stick in frying pan and turn as each side gets brown and crispy so that the bacon cooks on all sides.
  5. Remove from oil when the bacon is crispy and brown on all sides and place on a plate covered with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
  6. Enjoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOFT-BAKED CHRISTMAS SPRINKLE COOKIES

GINGER GARLIC NOODLE SOUP WITH BOK CHOY

NUTELLA MUG CAKE